Wednesday, March 17, 2021

My thoughts on being known as a creator

A good fraction of the people that know me know that I'm working towards making some story/comic projects right now. Very few will know that I've got a small audience online when it comes to my content. I've got some thoughts on these right now.

So, I know that if I'm gonna create something, especially a story with characters and all that stuff, there's gonna be an audience of some sort. Maybe it'll grow, maybe it'll stay the same for years, but there's still gonna be one regardless if I'm not the only one keeping up with my stuff. Especially considering the things that I'm creating now, as much as I'd like for my audience to grow especially after staying pretty static in the past year or so, I'm also not really fond of the idea of it getting much bigger. 

I know this sorta feeling isn't a stranger to anyone - lots of people find the responsibility of making an audience happy pretty daunting, especially when faced with a growing one. I'm not really living that whole growing-audience experience, but usually about anyone who knows what it's like to not want to disappoint people should at least get an idea on how tense things might feel.

If I ever do get my stories out there, though I've got no control over the numbers of my audience, I'd most prefer a small one. Probably about the size of what you would consider a "dead" or "dying" online community. Y'know, one of those places where everyone knows or at least heard of about everyone, or everyone knows someone who knows someone - that stuff. 

Kinda reminds me of how apparently the creator of Undertale, I think, actually contacted lets-players with large audiences to not make a lets-play of his game because of how he didn't really want his game to be known-known. Sounds like something I'd do too, if I predicted I'd be in such a situation, haha.

I don't really have much related to say. I guess, that's it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment