You probably shouldn't really trust me with technology. One time in year 9 (2016), one of my best friends to this day told me, "if you give any piece of technology to Angelica, it's gonna last about half the time it's supposed to." And I don't blame them. God knows how many things I've owned that's broken a bit too early, especially when it comes to laptops.
One of the most notably: my high school laptop. Or laptops. Year 8 was fine, but year 9: broken. Year 10: broken. Year 11: brooken. Senior year: you get the general idea. God, even if I had the choice to keep my school laptop past high school, I would totally refuse. I can never trust myself with a Surface Pro again!
To this day, seeing a Surface Pro just makes me think back to the time in year 9 when I rocked up to the IT room and man, was that embarrassing. Imagine you're the IT guy and some kid walks in and she puts something on the desk. You look down and see a laptop cracked almost all over on one side. Fair. There's the usual look of a totally beat up laptop. But then you see the protective cover's been beat up real bad, too. Some bits along the side are snapped, with poor attempts of mending it with medical tape and bright pink plastic straws! (I can't believe I thought that was okay!) Not to mention, a missing "C" key, which I shamely made dumb puns about to my friends, but I forgot what they all were...
This is all I have left from the last high school laptop I owned and I don't even know how this happened, but I do remember trying to support the laptop screen's back with my schoolbooks.
![]() |
| I feel like a murderer having this in my room, but I will cherish this piece forever. |
My crappy laptop experience didn't just end at high school. November 2020, my home/uni laptop wouldn't stop crashing, probably due to some physical damage I dunno of (I keep getting the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" screen). Most notably, it crashes about every time I, say, open up a video game. Bummer. I'm actually using it right now as I'm typing since it's not doing too bad, but for a while I was using my old home laptop I got in late 2013 (it's my first one ever, too!). Now, about my 2013 laptop, I've actually used it to almost its full potential. It's cracked (but the screen's still fine), missing about 6 screws (I counted), and the plug that goes into the charging port's going really loose. Can't say it lived necessarily the best life, but it was good to use.

No comments:
Post a Comment